The Wisconsin Youth Harmony Festival will take place on Saturday May 21, 20220
Pacelli High School. 1301 Maria Drive Stevens Point, Wisconsin 54481
Tentative Schedule of the Day:
9:00-9:45 am > Registration
10:00-10:10 > Introduction to the Day
10:10-10:25 > Warm-ups
10:25-10:35 > Whole Group Learns and Sings a Tag
10:45-11:20 > Sectionals to Learn Another Tag and the Star-Spangled Banner
11:20-11:40 > Gather men and women to rehearse Tag & Star-Spangled Banner
11:30-11:45 > Educators Conference with Judges and Q&A
11:45-Noon > Everyone gathers in Auditorium to sing Star Spangled Banner & Tag to each other
Noon > Lunch
1:00-1:10 pm > Mic Testers – Coulee Classic
1:10-2:15 > Contest (see Quartet Draw below)
2:15-2:35 > 2 song sets by Guest Quartets (It’s About Time & Coulee Classic)
2:35 > Announcement of Contest Results
2:45-3:30 > 1st Evaluation Session (Judges, 1st half of quartets)
> Other half of quartets sing tags in Auditorium, taught by Coulee Classic,
It’s About Time & other tag teachers present
3:30-4:15 > 2nd Evaluation Session (Judges, 2nd half of quartets – Tag Singing continues in Auditorium
Judge’s Panel: (* indicates primary contact or currently certified Barbershop Harmon Society judges)
- Contest Administrators: Peter Maddeaux* and Doug Miller
- Music Category: Paul Wigley* and Roger Williams
- Singing Category: James Estes* and Dan Heike
- Performance Category: Mike Lietke* and Matt Hall
- Coulee Classic
Coulee Classic is composed of members in the Stevens Point and Lacrosse Chapters of the Barbershop Harmony Society. They won the Land O’ Lakes District Contest in October of 2021 and strive for energetic, authentic, and entertaining performances with freely produced vocals and tons of ringing chords. Members are: Colin Stevenson (Tenor), Matt Curtis (Lead), Nate Peplinski (Baritone), Allen Pruitt (Bass).
- It’s About Time
Based in the Fox Valley Chorus in Neenah, this quartet boasts memberships in both Sweet Adelines Int’l and Harmony Incorporated. They recently placed 4th in the SAI Northern Lights Region 6 contest. The ladies have been singing together for just over 4 years, and believe every rehearsal, performance and contest is the best kind of adventure. The members are: Terrie Williams (Tenor), Nancy Beyer (Lead), Vicki Powers (Bari), Chris Falk (Bass).
1:00 pm Mic Testers > Coulee Classic
|#||Quartet||High School||Music Educator|
|1||The Acoustics||Manitowoc Lutheran||Joel Ungemach|
|2||Four Crying Out Loud||Arrowhead/Hartland||Gustavo Chaviano|
|3||Flash Bam Firecrackers||Manitowoc Lutheran||Joel Ungemach|
|6||Nothin’ But Treble||Burlington||Penny Yanke|
|8||The Melodic Misses||Arrowhead/Hartland||Grace Bielski|
|9||The Harmonistics||Solon Springs||Gretchen Molina|
|10||The Chipettes||Arrowhead/Hartland||Grace Bielski|
|11||Big Time Rush||Arrowhead/Hartland||Grace Bielski|
|13||(ACCC) Apple Cinnamon Candle Club||Lomira||Chris Vander Pas|
|15||Barbershop Boys||Gillett||Evelyn Smoot|
|16||Four Guys One Beard||Shell Lake||Paul Osborn|
Odds and Ends:
- Remember Parental Permission forms are due on Friday, May 13th. To download them, go to http://youthharmonyfest.org/home/registration/.
- Music educators are encouraged, but not required, to attend the Festival. It is helpful, however, to have an adult – parent or barbershop coach – accompany each quartet.
- There is no charge for anyone who would like to attend the Contest. Parents, friends, and barbershoppers are encouraged to arrive sometime before the contest begins at 1 pm.
- Lunch is reserved for the participants in the Festival only.
- Each quartet will be assigned a warm-up room, which will double as a dressing room. Bear in mind, however, that two quartets will need to share a room.
- When it comes time for the evaluation each quartet receives with the judges, the judges will come to the warm-up/dressing rooms to meet the quartets
- Trophies will be awarded to the top three quartets in the Bass-Clef and Treble Barbershop categories.
- Cash prizes ($300 fir 1st, $200 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd ) will be awarded to the schools the quartets represent.
Contact Jim Rasmus, Co-Chair: (920) 973-0010; email@example.com