ATTENTION SINGERS and MUSIC EDUATORS!
Due to COVID-19 we have made the 2021 Wisconsin Youth Harmony Festival a VIRTUAL Event
If your quartet – or a quartet in your school – would be interested in joining us, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very excited to announce we have scheduled a VIRTUAL Wisconsin Youth Harmony Festival this spring! Students will again have the opportunity to compete (albeit, virtually) in a contest to determine the best high school barbershop and treble quartet in the state!
We have waived our previous entry requirement that quartets score *1 or *2 in the WSMA Solo & Ensemble Festivals, so we are calling all high school Men’s, Treble (i.e., women’s and mixed) Barbershop Quartets to enjoy celebrating harmony with us. We believe this might be of special interest to treble quartets since they are not able to participate in Solo & Ensemble Festivals in 2021.
Here are the basics you need to know:
- If you are part of a quartet interested – or have quartets at your school who might be interested – in WYHF, please email us today at email@example.com to advise us if you/they are Barbershop of Treble quartet(s)
- Everything you need to know is found on this website.
- BUT, if you have any questions, please reach out to:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By phone to Jim Rasmus at (920) 973-0010.
Here’s a bit more detail:
- Similar to Solo & Ensemble Festivals, quartets need only prepare one barbershop song.
- Quartet registration for this Virtual Event will open on March 16th.
- Your registration requires a URL to your video submission of the song you have recorded. Go to: REGISTER TAB for more information.
- April 30th is the FINAL DEADLINE for all registrations and video submissions.
- Because this contest is VIRTUAL, we expect to have a judging panel of Certified Barbershop Harmony Society Judges from around the country! They will do their adjudications between May 1 – 6.
- On May 22nd we will premiere the Virtual WYHF Show on the Barbershop Harmony Society YouTube Channel for all the world to see! It will also be available for viewing following the premiere event.
- At the close of that show contest winners will be announced.
- During the week of May 24-28, trophies for winning quartets and cash prizes to their schools will be delivered.
- All quartet members will receive a certificate of participation.
As in the past, trophies and plaques will be given to the top three barbershop and treble quartets, and cash prizes of $100, $200, and $300 will be awarded to their schools. The Schmitt Brothers Traveling Trophy will go to the school of the 1st Place quartets in each category (which is then returned the following year to be exchanged for a permanent version to remain with the school).
Stay tuned to the Instructors/Judges tab this website, as it is not yet clear what the method and extent to which evaluations will be available from the judges to help quartets improve future performance.
We regret that the usual WYHF educational component will not be offered in 2021, nor will we be able to sing any barbershop tags! We look forward to those important WYHF features returning in 2022!!